February, second month on the Gregorian calendar and by far known as the LOVE MONTH. In lieu to the world wide celebration of red hearts, I will dedicate this month’s posts to LOVE and ROMANCE’s best of the best, starting of with my top-10 all time favorite LOVE SONGS including OPM(Original Pinoy Music).
1. “THIS KISS” by Faith Hill, OST of the movie Practical Magic(1998). Written by Beth Nielsen Chapman, Robin Lerner and Annie Roboff and was released March 10,1998 as Faith Hill’s first single on her self-titled album FAITH.
2. “BECAUSE YOU LOVE ME” a song from Céline Dion’s album Falling into You, OST of the movie UP CLOSE and PERSONAL(1996), released as the first single on February 19, 1996. Written by Diane Warren and produced by David Foster.
3. “I DON’T WANT TO MISS A THING” by Aerosmith, written by Diane Warren and released year 1998, OST of the movie Armageddon
4. “HERE WITHOUT YOU” an alternative rock love song by American rock band 3 DOORS DOWN. This song released on August 11, 2003 and was written by the band’s vocalist/drummer Brad Arnolds. The song is about being away from someone and missing them, and it’s not about how long you’ve gone, it’s about the loneliness that comes with missing someone. It’s also about a state of peace that comes with dreaming of the missed loved one(wiki).
5. “THE WAY YOU LOVE ME” by Faith HILL. It was the second single off her 1999 Breathe album, released as a single in 2000.
6. “214” by BAMBOO featuring the original RIVERMAYA. Released year 1994 in the Philippine tracks and praised for by it’s fresh , exciting and new pop/rock sound and was one of the best songs in their album. Still a favorite by many Pinoys up to this date. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to find the official music video of the song.
7. “IRIS” by alternative rock band GOO GOO DOLLS. Released in April 1998 and recorded as OST for the movie City of Angels.
8. “YOU and ME” from the group LIFEHOUSE. Written by the band’s lead singer Jason Wade and American record producer Jude Cole. It was recorded and produced by John Alagía. Released January 28, 2005 and has appeared as featured song on many television series like Smallville, Coldcase and my favorite Grey’s Anatomy.
9. “THIS I PROMISE YOU” the third and final single released from Irish singer/songwriter Ronan Keating’s fourth solo album, Bring You Home. Written by Ronan Keating and Paul Barry. Released in November 13,2006 by Polydor Records.
10 “LOVE WILL SHOW YOU EVERYTHING” by Jennifer Love Hewitt. OST of the movie IF ONLY.
These are only the top 10 love songs among my favorites. If I were put all of them in this blog I would have to install my playlist in here for that.
More to come for LOVE’s best of the best!